Whether you’re repainting one room or the whole house, there are many tips and tricks to help the final result look like a professional job. While painting can be a great do-it-yourself way to improve your home, it can be difficult to get a really smooth and even finish. The good news is that we have plenty of great hacks to help you repaint any room. With the help of these tips and our top quality Home Improvement Products, you’ll have that fresh coat of paint on in no time. Read on to learn more about our tips for repainting your home!
If you’re interested in becoming a wholesale distributor of our Home Improvement line or other product lines, call us now at (713) 937-3784.
Tips for Painting Like a Pro
Before you begin any painting project, make sure you begin by doing a little research to ensure you end up with spectacular results. Here are some of our best tips for painting like a professional:
- Avoid Painting When It’s Humid: If you can wait for dryer weather, do it. High humidity can slow down the drying process and might encourage drips that ruin that perfect finish on your walls.
- Prioritize Prep: Painting prep has a huge effect on the final result. Therefore, it’s important to sand down any high spots, scrape away any chipped areas, and give the walls a good wash before applying any paint. You can also take prepping one step further by applying a coat of paint primer before the first paint coat to seal your wall and ensure a smooth, even final result.
- Choose Good Quality Paint: Cheaper paint may be appealing for your budget, but the saying, “buy cheap, buy twice”, also encompasses paint supplies. Cut-rate paint often has less pigment in it and is harder to work with, so it’ll be difficult to get good results. Choosing to use a higher-quality paint from the get-go will save you time and money in the long run as it’ll chip less and create an even finish that will last longer.
- Buy All Your Paint at Once: Make sure you calculate how much paint you need and try to buy it all at once. This way, you’ll have color consistency from start to finish. As a rule of thumb, one gallon of paint will typically cover about 300 to 400 square feet, so keep that in mind.
- Don’t Paint Over Dry Edges: If you paint over dry edges of paint, it might create overlap marks. Try to work on one wall at a time to prevent the paint from drying before you can get a good, even coat on the entire wall.
- Invest in Quality Painting Products: Don’t underestimate the effects of good quality painting products. Make sure you choose products that will stand up for the whole project and also provide good results. Using quality paint rollers, tarps, and paint trays that are sturdy and durable will decrease your chances of accidental spills.
Our Home Improvement Products Help You Paint Any Room
We have great news for homeowners starting a painting project – we have products that make painting easier and cleaner that are available at retailers found throughout the country. All of our products are made using post-industrial-grade, recycled plastic. You can dispose of them when you’re done or keep reusing them for future projects. Additionally, we’ve designed our Home Improvement Product line for use with both latex and oil based paints, so you can easily paint your home with whatever type of paint best suits your needs.
Our Roller Trays are available in both 9” and 6” sizes, both of which allow you to easily roller-paint your walls. In addition to these, we also manufacture Edger Paint Trays that are perfect for use with paint edger tools. Our Edger Trays feature a reservoir to easily dip the tool into the paint then remove any excess paint via the raised platform.
We also offer Trim Paint Trays in large and small sizes to help you paint trim easily and mess-free. These trays fit perfectly in your hand and feature one well for holding paint and an additional well for holding brushes so your hands stay paint-free. They also feature a center partition for wiping brushes to get the perfect amount of paint every time.
Of course, no painting project is complete without products to protect floors and surfaces. Our Paint Can Drip Trays are the ideal solution for stopping drips from both gallon and quart sized paint cans so there’s less mess to worry about as you go.
Innovative Plastic Products from Curtis Wagner Plastics
At Curtis Wagner Plastics, we design and manufacture state-of-the-art plastic products for a wide range of uses. Our products include Lawn + Garden Products, Home Improvement Products, Floral Products, and Pet Products that help consumers protect their homes and solve everyday challenges. Become a wholesale distributor of our products today – call us now at (713) 937-3784 or browse our product catalogs to learn more.